Thursday, October 8, 2009

Skype!

A type of technology that I’ve come to know and love (and have a hard time living without) is Skype. Lately more and more of my friends have been using it and it has become a great means for communication. The best part is that everything is FREE between Skype to Skype users! When I went to Spain it was my main means of communication with my friends and family and it quickly replaced AIM as my instant messenger tool. You can not only do video calls, you can also call landline and cell phones (for a small fee). When I was in Spain, it was only 2 cents a minute to call to the US which was really cheap compared to other students traveling abroad who brought phones with an international plan. I was even thinking I may use this in the classroom and arrange calls between my class and my ‘madre’ so that they can hear what someone who is a native sounds like speaking Spanish. Whether you’re chatting with someone in another country or just down the street, Skype is an easy and free way to communicate with others. Download it and add me-- stephanie.trocino.

2 comments:

  1. You could also maybe use it for a pen pals activity throughout the year! Your students could learn about some of the things other students their age are doing in other areas around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! Never would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete