
I stumbled upon a couple of sites that donate money to good causes just for clicking! What an easy way to help out while on the computer fooling around like many of us do everyday.
The animal-lover in me got an email about this website and I now click it religiously everday. All you have to do is click the purple button and the sponsers of the website donate money towards the food and care of rescued animals. When you click it, it informs you that you've given the value of .6 bowls of food to rescued animals. The store also gives a portion of every purchase to their charity partners.
There is also a website called Givoogle which is exactly the same thing as Google except that advertisers pay the site for every 1000 people that see their banner ad. The site then donates 100% of its' profits to the American Cancer Society. If you go to the site, they have links that you can use to advertise the site on your Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter. One blog I read said that setting Givoogle as your homepage will raise $74 or more per year-- just for clicking!
For both of these sites, it may not seem like .6 bowls of food or $74/year is a lot but imagine the effect if thousands of people knew about these sites and began clicking as well? It really would make a difference. I encourage you all to email others about this, post it in your blog or Facebook or just tell others. It really could make a difference : )
I definitely had heard about these sites as well. I hate seeing that commercial about adopting a pet, because it makes me feel so helpless and sad. I'm going to try to go to that website and check it out. This is a really great cause and you're right more people should know about it.
ReplyDeleteOh I love these sites! Its such a great thing that people can do to help make a change! I personally go on so much and try to click more than once, and wonder if it actually adds more even though it says it wont! :) In addition to the animal site, there are multiple other tabs along the same bar as the animal one, I believe theres one for breast cancer, children literacy, rainforest, etc. These are also really important to click and be aware of too! :)
ReplyDeleteDo they have a site that you can click on and they send money to parents that have kids at MSU? I could use some dough. Please look into starting a site of that nature, PLEASE.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool blog post! I had heard of these sites, but never came across them! It is such a great cause and I really feel that everyone should participate. This really is a neat idea, and just with a simple click we know we are making a difference! Thanks for the websites!
ReplyDelete