
So I think that it's all the holiday commercials (certainly not the weather) that has really gotten me into a festive mood. This festive mood was enhanced by my dad's yearly email about making a Christmas list of things that he could order online. He likes it because it makes it much easier for him rather than going to a bunch of different stores and having to search through racks and racks to find what I want. And of course with these hard economic times, it's a breeze to find great deals online. With the holiday season quickly approaching, there are bound to be numerous deals popping up online for not only the actually items but also shipping discounts. Most websites offer a "Gift list" option to help easily list a bunch of items at once and email them to as many people as you would like. Of course, as with anything online, there are drawbacks. Unless you're really certain of your size and the fit of what you're buying, online shopping can become a returning nightmare. Also, it must be done in advance in order for your packages to arrive on time without a humongous shipping fee. According to an article from Comscore.com, E-spending totaled 534 million dollars last year an Black Friday, a 1% increase from the year before. That's a whole LOT of money! It's no wonder that retailers are already offering layaway options and holiday deals so early in the season. The internet has proven to be a powerful competitor!
very true!
ReplyDeleteSome people can't stand the crowds and long lines while Christmas shopping so in their case, this is genious! what better way to shop than in front of your own computer...one thing to be careful of, and I'm sure there are many more, is to review your purchases and be sure that everything is as you want it...i know sometimes online ordering websites will automatically have a box checked towards the bottom of the page that signs you up for something or includes something extra in your order that you will be responsible for paying if it is not noticed and unchecked...this is one small trick to get more money! the nice thing to do would be to leave this box UNCHECKED, but of course it wouldn't be that way.
Ahh yes! Thanks for that tip, there's always little things like that out there that trick people, especially online!
ReplyDeleteYes, I also find it easier to shop on line with a list provided by someone. Unfortunately I feel empty when done and feel as though I have to go out and spend cold hard cash in order to satify my emptiness.
ReplyDeleteI also do like shopping online, but I find it hard purchasing clothes because I wear different sizes depending on the store. Ya, they give out that sizing chart but who actually knows if that is accurate. I usually just by items such as books, cd's, movies, etc. online because basically with that it's usually what you see is what you get!
ReplyDeleteI really want to shop online but it scares me off for multiple reasons. First and most importantly, I believe its extremely hard to buy the right size, considering sizes range from store to store. Even if you know your size for that one store, sometimes they are different. But I guess this would still be the same issue as going into the store and buying it! Also my dad (and his old school ideas) doesnt want me to put my credit card online because he thinks something bad could happen or my card could be "stolen." So to make him happy I just dont do it as often as I'd like. On the other hand, the few times I have bought online, I have found this extremly useful and convienent! I can see this being an addiction for many people, so thats why I try to stay clear from it :)
ReplyDeleteHahah my dad is the SAME way about the credit card using online! But now I've got him hooked :)
ReplyDelete