Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A new favorite...



This week was kind of a free week so I decided to check out a website called Glogster (found via a Spanish teacher on Twitter). Truthfully I'm still pretty confused about every aspect of this program. After looking at the FAQs, I seem to have a better idea of its purpose. Glogster is like an interactive poster that you can add audio, images, links, animations etc. to. Teachers can then register up to 200 students and Glogster assigns them a username and password. Their login info also appears in your Glogster dashboard just in case. You can then see all the student's Glogs that they have created. They're really easy to embed and share with other teachers so that you can collaborate and combine your lessons. After viewing some examples and ways that teachers use Glogs, I'm really excited about this new tool! I have always been a fan of letting students creatively express themselves and this is the perfect tool to do so!

The Glog that I have made above is just one possibility of millions on how to design and use a Glog. In my Glog, I summarized a Spanish holiday, Dia de los Muertos. I uploaded some images and music of my own and also used graphics and templates the website provided. They site also combines forces with Schooltube so that you have access to thousands of their videos for free (to play the music and video I inserted in mine-just hit the play buttons) It was so fun and easy, I played with it for hours just seeing all of the different possibilites! In the future, I can see this definitely being a tool that I use and one that becomes more popular in classrooms around the world. It's an awesome way to check understanding with students; you could assign them a Glog topic about what was taught that day or make it into a final project.


Here's another Glog that was actually made by a student about the Circulatory System. I really think that this is a tool that should be made mandatory to look at in a class such as CEP 416 and that it is really worth your time to check out! Have fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment