
This week was kind of a free week so I chose to check out Pageflakes (after looking Google Chrome and not really understanding it, maybe next week?) I liked Pageflakes a lot because there were SO many options! I was thinking that for my life as a teacher, I could create a page for every hour. This will be helpful because on Pageflakes, you can make to-do lists which would really help students stay on track. You could also personalize a calendar for each page (or class hour) in which I could write down not only what we would do that day, but homework assignments as well. While searching the different gadgets on Pageflakes, I found HUNDREDS involving something Spanish. Whether it was a Spanish "Word of the day" or different Spanish recipes, I added them! I then realized I had gone a little crazy so I separated them between different hours. I figure as a teacher I could switch them up; in beginner classes, the "Word of the day" would be helpful while in a lesson about food, the recipes could be a cool addition! I also thought it would be cool to put weather reports on our homepage for not only our local area, but also Spanish speaking countries throughout the world. I would also plan on looking into the Podcast option more and see if there were any Spanish music stations or Spanish lessons (since someone in one of my classes that there are now a lot of these). Creating a general user name and password that all students could use would make it acceesible for everyone. Thanks to Pageflakes, I'm starting to rethink my idea of a class blog and altering it slightly to just include class happenings. Pageflakes is a great first step on the way to organization and learning more!
Sounds as though you are becoming very dependent on technology in the development of the curriculum you will be using in your classroom. Don't forget the most powerful tool ever invented since the dawn of man, the written word. One has to use their own thought process to achieve an end and success depends on their ability to think using their cognitive abilities inspired by free thought not computer generated shots of ideas.
ReplyDelete