Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Deeeeeeeeeeelish

This week one of our assignments was to create a "Delicious" account. This is a site that has allowed me to expand on my everyday, boring "Favorites" tab and has taken it to a whole new level. I have all of my frequently visited sites on one page which are also organized by tag names as well. On the main page are the day's most viewed bookmarks which I've found to be quite interesting and informative. Of course the first bookmark on today's page was how Obama called Kanye a jackass (much deserved title I must say). Another cool feature is that you can see people's Tweets (!!!) about the same topic. It's simple, quirky events like this that you can discover on the homepage that I normally probably wouldn't even have heard about during my day. Don't get me wrong, there's not just lighthearted articles bookmarked; there's also ones that are politically related and ones that are helpful 'how tos'. The site has made it so that you can search by not only a specific topics but tags (which they also list under the bookmark link) which opens up many different search possibilities and results. When I joined Delicious, I also installed the toolbar from which I can do a number of different things; one of my favorites- viewing my saved bookmarks in a sidebar (so handy!) So in my ever increasing list of sites that I visit frequently and busy life, Delicious has combined both my links and helpful news, tips and random facts on one site! Cheers to that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment