Thursday, September 10, 2009
Home Tweet Home
In wake of my new Twitter account I realized what another addiction this just may turn out to be. Yes I had previously created a Twitter account with a friend to see what all the hype was about but when I saw that there was no "wall" or "friend request" button or a bunch of photo albums like my good old facebook I quickly quit. What was the point of a Twitter anyways? You couldn't see what other people were posting on your other friend's walls or see what they were up to through their photo albums. Heck you couldn't even send a MESSAGE on Twitter. Then we were assigned to make a Twitter for class and I was extremely weary. My first thought was, "Ugh not again!". This time though, I took the time to read the Help section (good idea, right?) Yes it turned out to be a GREAT idea. I got a better idea of what Twitter was about and how to use it. Little did I know but you could do the exact same things as on facebook with less cluttered of a look. You could even post pictures and videos as your status which you can't (I don't think) even do on Facebook! Even better was that not only could I see what my friends are up to but my favorite celebrities as well. They update their Tweets so often that it kind of makes me feel like a stalker in a weird way but don't get me wrong- I like it! It's interesting to see not only what they're doing with their spare time but how exactly they use their Twitter. Kim Kardashian is tweeting about her busy week and lifestyle while Ashton Kutcher is using his to promote an event in Time Square to rally about the importance of community service. Although both completely opposite Tweet reasons, both are equally interesting and addicting to look into to me. And the more that I go on, the more connections I see between people and the way that they use their Twitters. I know that if some of my celeb crazed friends knew about this new method to keep up with their favorite stars that Twitter would become the new Facebook for them. I'm curious as to how my Twitter will evolve and the new things that I will discover on it. For now though, I'm sticking to Tweets only and I kind of like the privacy it offers (as of this moment) because virtually none of my other friends have one. It's like my "Away message" to the world in a sense and I know that in a few months I'll laugh as I look at things I Tweeted; especially those first few as I was figuring things out. So for now, Tweet on! And if you're interested in following me the name is STroce. Happy Thursday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment