
So this week we had to download a Twitter client at which I first sighed because I couldn't possibly imagine how Twitter could be made any simpler then it already was. Well, as is usual in this class, I was wrong. I downloaded my Twitterdeck and suddenly saw everything I could want to see laid out for me neatly in four organized columns. In addition- they even had suggested people to follow on one side!! The feature I really like about this is that it has a column for my @Stroce's which I tend not to pay attention to when I normally go on my Twitter homepage. This allows for me to see if anyone says something to me so that I can respond in an effective time manner. Although the little green box that pops up kind of annoys me (because I then find it hard to resist checking what's going on on Twitter) I am growing to like this little tool!
On another note, I really appreciated a link that Greg posted that led me to find a BUNCH of teachers on Twitter. Observing how they use it is really cool and has led me to follow some with hopes to pick up some tricks of the trade from them in the future.
Has anyone used their Tweetdeck to follow Facebook? I already feel stalker-ish enough when I'm on Facebook so I was scared to add it and add yet another online addiction but I'm curious as to how it works. Who knows, maybe it would make my life easier as well! That's all for now, happy blogging and weekend :)
Nice point on following replies to yourself in one column. I'd miss tons of things if that wasn't on since I've found I won't spend a lot of time sifting through all the stuff that comes in when I haven't been on in a while!
ReplyDeleteI like the Facebook integration since it lets me see some of what I miss since I rarely go on, but I don't follow too many on there so that helps.
Also, fyi, you can turn off or adjust some of the notification warnings. For example I have it set so I'm only notified of messages directly to me. Otherwise, I would be distracted too often as well :)