I hope to learn different ways to use technology we use on an everyday basis in the classroom as an advantage to my students. I believe that the more technology that's used in the classroom the better because it keeps students engaged since most are probably on the computer doing things anyways. I look forward to getting to know technology and the other students in this class better via the web. Have a good weekend :)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Forgot a Welcome...
Clearly I forgot to put an intro about my experiences with technology. The farthest back I can remember using a computer was when they simply had black backgrounds with green fonts... and that's pretty old! When I was younger I used them to simply play games but as I got older, MySpace and AIM took over as my favorite past times. At one time I did have an online Xanga journal but I stopped using that so I at least have a little background knowledge with blogs. Now as a college student I'm constantly on the computer whether it's to email professors with questions, write an essay, make a powerpoint or simply talk with friends via Skype or Facebook. I also could not survive with my phone and texting like many other college students. I'm always listening to my iPod whether I'm at the gym or it's blasting through my speakers at home which supports my addiction to music quite nicely. I consider myself pretty competent using most of the Microsoft Office programs (ie- Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and I'm good at navigating the web to find information that I may need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment